Soooo the past couple of weeks as a teacher have been less than delightful.
Who am I kidding, they’ve been hell.
Coming back from Christmas break is always hard because everyone has gotten that taste of freedom and we don’t want to go back. It’s cold and we (teachers included) would all just rather stay home and drink hot cocoa and color. We’ve also gorged ourselves on a ridiculous amount of sweets and carbs, so our bodies are sluggish and sad, and our brains are lazy.
All that to say, I need a reminder of the good stuff this week.
So here’s a list of 50 things that make me happy to get you (and me) through the mid-January slump.
50 Things That Make Me Happy
- The best cat in the world and my baby, Mr. Darcy the drooly-faced, napping on our couch.
- Coffee. ALL the coffee.
- Painting my nails
- Coming up with new (possibly feasible) ideas for me to make money while we travel
- The fact that Monday is a professional development day ( NO KIDS! XD )
- Feeling like my SeneGence business is finally starting to take off (because I’m finally starting to treat it like a job!)
- Frankincense essential oil <3
- The sound of rain on the window right now
- My Passion Planner I got for Christmas
- Garrett’s smile
- Garrett’s hugs
- Garrett’s face
- Garrett’s cooking
- Garrett’s cuddles
- That I’m gooey about loving Garrett and I don’t care if you don’t like it
- The plant I bought at Market Street earlier this week and Garrett didn’t get mad at me for buying because he knows I have a weakness for plants even though I kill them but “this one needed me”…
- Our world map on the wall
- LaLa Land
- Ryan Gosling singing in LaLa Land
- Ryan Gosling in general
- Nangai Oil
- My silver teapot set from the 1930s
- The bedspread my great grandmother crocheted
- The best reptile in the world…Yoshi.
- Phoebe, the succulent that Garrett and I picked out together for my courtyard near the beginning of our relationship, growing lopsided on our windowsill
- Plants in general. They’re like, food and oxygen machines all at the same time.
- God made plants 😀
- Getting hired for my first Upwork job
- Working on logos/design for people
- When my clients love their custom design work
- Parks & Rec
- Jimmy Fallon
- Justin Timberlake
- Jimmy Fallon and Justin Timberlake together
- “& no one knows how far I’ll go…”
- Anticipation of travel
- Time with my sisters
- Planning tattoos with my sisters <3
- Darcy’s bowtie
- Getting a haircut
- Pride & Prejudice
- Big comfy sweaters
- Hot tea
- A good book
So those are just 50 of the many things in my life that make me happy. Given, it’s easier to think of them sitting on my recliner eating goldfish in my PJs, but hey, there’s only 18 weeks left of school. I can do 18 weeks…but who’s counting?